Saturday, November 26, 2005

In news that is hard to classify...should it go in the: 'it's so funny I'm having a heart attack' or the: ' what the $%?!!!! are you %!*&%!! Serious?? I need to leave the planet' file? :

.
.
Wait, don't tear out your hair just yet..let's get really pissed by first remembering all the beautiful things that make Michael Brown worthy of getting tons of money from a consulting firm about disaster preparedness...
  • The whereabouts of 6,644 people reported missing after Hurricane Katrina have not been determined, raising the prospect that the death toll could be higher than the 1,306 (USA Today)
  • In television interviews the Fema director said he was unaware that hundreds of people were marooned at the New Orleans convention centre. "Don't you guys watch television?" the exasperated anchor asked (Guardian)
  • On the day Katrina hit, his press secretary wrote of his appearance on television: "My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous -- and I'm not talking the makeup." Brownie replied: "I got it at Nordstroms. ... Are you proud of me?"
    An hour later, he added: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god." (Molly Ivins)
  • Brown blamed the victims, claiming that most deaths were the fault of “people who did not heed evacuation warnings”, although he knew that “heeding” had nothing to do with the lack of an automobile or confinement in a wheelchair.(Le Monde Diplo.)

.

I was on the roof trying to flag down helicopters. Nobody would stop. They would give us a thumbs-up and keep on going. You would see them going places. Looking around with their guns out the window, but they wasn't helping. I don't know who they was going to save, but there weren't saving us. They wasn't saving nobody around the neighborhood.Cory Delany

3 comments:

Shemsi said...

You know what they say: If you fall off a horse you should get right back on it again! J/K

Shemsi said...

Hi kwtia

do you get blogger to email you when someone leaves a comment on your blog? I'm asking because I just got an email that said that my previous comment couldn't be sent to your email address (or what I assume is your email address). Anyway, I'm just wondering if that's the case or if I've got some kind of virus. Thanks!

kwtia said...

yeah Shemsi don't worry..that's exactly it. the email service went kaput..that's why it must have gone to you...
And...poor horse.