- Wonder Woman...Joss Whedon...woweee.
Ok, here it goes:
- When you have oil wealth overflowing like it was a heavenly river...you could go the way of Venezuela or...well, you could futz around a lot and then give people 200KD every so often. Plane to Caracas anyone?
- The best documentary I have ever seen was showing at the Beirut Film Festival...I can't even begin to describe the look on all our faces when the lights went up at the end...Iraq in Fragments, see it, see it, see it...stunning in every way.
- Yet another study tells us that our apocalypse is coming dressed as climate change for the big bash-ing. Between now and 2100 one third of the planet will be desert. Think wars for water, drought, starvation in the millions, struggles over limited resources...and other pretty things.
- Did you think that was the only mention of climate change I would include? Sorry, you know me better than that. The ice in the arctic, yeah, it's vanishing.
- What are these two up to?
- If King George's power grab didn't scare you before...I think it's time you got really terrified. Why? Here's a list:
by Bill Moyers
And finally...can't leave my first post in ages without the loveliest voice to come out of the Supreme Court on there...Shemsi I know this creeps you out...so look away now.
And on October 20 a meteor shower near Orion will say hi to us all..