Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Music and News..

Spending the morning going through cd's, no one in the office, so what the hell... The first time I heard Kinnie Star's 'Sun Again' album, I wasn't drawn to it at all..but I just heard it again and I think it's genius...Also been listening to Jimmy Reed's 'Cry Before I go' and Buddy Guy's 'Sit and Cry'...And I think I am just about ready to get some Joni Mitchell on before i get too blue..

"Blue, here is a shell for you
Inside you'll hear a sigh
A foggy lullaby
There is your song from me" Joni.


Now for a bit of news:
Everyday there is New Evidence Bush Stole Election (Again)---New airline plans flights from Dubai to Baghdad starting Nov. 18---The Berlin Wall fell 15 years ago today---UN urges calm on Lebanon border---The Arab Times writes that "A radical Islamic group threatened to attack the premises of Kuwait satellite channel and its correspondents in Iraq unless action is taken to stop the play 'Kuwaiti in Fallujah' on grounds it defames the image of Jihad in Iraq.---and in case that didn't leave enough of a sour taste in your mouth, apparently one tenth of the world's crops are irrigated with sewage water---and for some humorous news: The government says it is 'serious' about giving women their political rights (insert hysterical laughter here, and a 'where have I heard that before")...and also says that the citizens are as happy with the 200kd grant as the governement is... how sweet...
Now to try and figure out some technical glitches on the site...

No comments: