Left your refrigerator door open for 6 years
Left your bathroom light burning for 30 years or
Left your color television turned on for 28 years
Global warming ..yes it's real and it's coming and we are helping it to come faster than ever..I would think those of you out there with kids would have to worry about this even more becasue we are helping to make their world a real mess..We are going to have a water crisis world-wide by 2025 ---the arctic is melting---the polar bears have only decades to survive and then poof! all gone, along with lots of other living things --ice caps are melting at alarming speed---Summers are getting hotter and hotter...and on and on..
The Pentagon has a study which predicts wars and famines and disappearing cities (and it's not fantasy) all thanks to climate change:
- Now the Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us
· Secret report warns of rioting and nuclear war· / Britain will be 'Siberian' in less than 20 years ·/Threat to the world is greater than terrorism.
- An imminent scenario of catastrophic climate change is "plausible and would challenge United States national security in ways that should be considered immediately," according to a report commissioned by the Pentagon and obtained by media outlets in February 2004.> Download the report
- Global Warming Basics What it is, how it's caused, and what needs to be done to stop it.
- The Day After Tomorrow facts..
What can we do? It's not that hard actually--every Dinar we spend is a vote, so vote for cars that use less gas (or for public transport) , vote for appliances that last longer... don't fall for all the fashionable electronics we have to keep buying..there's nothing cool about them--get what you need only, and enjoy what's left of nature---ask the shops to stock organic food, natural products, healthy choices--why pay to kill yourself? Watch what you waste and what you consume...There are tons of ideas I am sure you guys have billions of them swimming around in your heads..Does anyone's work-place encourage paper-free work? Do you guys recycle? Where do you recycle?
We have organic stores in Kuwait (2 in suq ilSalmiya and 1 in the Qurtuba jam3iya, right? and the organic meat shop in salmiya on the street where La Baguette is in old Salmiya...and organic choices in some supermarkets...what else is there? We don't have any Hybrid cars yet, as far as I know...we don't have a great recycling system, i'm not sure why and the way we waste water and electricity is kinda crazy..If anyone has any info i'd love to hear it..